Annual Impact Summary
Second Step Housing recently wrapped up the fiscal year (June 30), which is a good time to reflect on how we’re doing. Despite the Covid-19 pandemic, we met our mission to a very high degree this year. Here are some numbers to help tell the story:
- We are now housing more than 250 people each night, the most in our history.
- Our occupancy rates are the highest they’ve ever been (99% in our permanent affordable homes, and nearly 80% in our transitional properties).
- We finished the fiscal year ‘in the black‘ and have good momentum heading into the new fiscal year.
- This year we added 9 new units, 8 of them for homeless families with children.
- We also completed renovations and upgrades on nearly half of our units.
- Our property reserves are fully funded and we are exploring additional property acquisitions.
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, these remain trying and uncertain times for many of our residents. I am proud of the work we are doing to help our residents remain safe and stable in their homes.
Thank you for your support. We could not do this important work without you.
All the best,
Tim Foley, Executive Director